Forest Lake Youth Lacrosse
Board Member Position Description
Background and History:
The Forest Lake Youth Lacrosse Board is a sub-group of the Forest Lake Athletic Association (FLAAA) and serves as a 5013C non-profit organization independent of the public-school system to provide athletic opportunities for students in the areas of Baseball, Basketball, Fastpitch, Football, Lacrosse, T-Ball, and Volleyball.
The Forest Lake Youth Lacrosse Board oversees all planning and activities specifically related to youth lacrosse for girls and boys between ages 7-15.
Term: Elected/Appointed to the FL Lax Board with a 2-year term running November to October.
Position Summary: The Girls Director is accountable for overall management and development for the boys lacrosse program; to remain in alignment with the Forest Lake High School Lacrosse program.
- Recruit / select quality head and assistant coaches for all boys youth lacrosse teams.
- Recruit / select team managers for all youth lacrosse teams.
- Ensure coaches and managers have appropriate training, certifications, screenings, and contracts
- Provide input to practice schedule.
- Work with coaches to develop a practice routine.
- Help Tournament Director set up in-house clinics.
- Coordinate player evaluations and tryouts
- Determine team level of play based on evaluations
- Research appropriate tournaments for each youth lacrosse team.
- Register teams for leagues and tournaments
- Maintain tournament rosters
- Work with Treasurer to ensure tournament/referee fees are paid timely.
- League coordination: Registration, scheduling, meetings
- First level of escalations for: Coaches, managers, parents, league, other teams
- Work with high school to grow the team/general recruitment for lacrosse; work with HS coaching staff to align coaching/set-up of practice routines.
Monthly Time Commitment:
- Dec - May - 10 hours/month
- June - Nov - 12 hours / month